Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ugly Color, Great Smoothie

Woke up this morning in need of something healthy to kick start my day. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and feel a horrible cold coming on (again). Unfortunately, baby prevents me from taking anything from the drug store to fight this beast off. In addition to my daily probiotics I decided to add some greens to my breakfast (Lord, knows I haven't been eating enough with this meat lover in my belly controlling every meal)
Despite the fact that it is literally freezing outside (in FL, believe it or not), I decided on a smoothie.

* frozen banana
* 4 frozen strawberries
* 1/2 cup pineapple with juice
* 3 tsp Greens Plus powder (mixed with a small amount of water first to help it dissolve)
* 1 cup Stonyfield Vanilla yogurt
* juice of 1/2 orange

Toss in blendtec, blend, and enjoy :)

No comments: