Wednesday, October 27, 2010

O.M.G cupcakes

I have been in a delirious state of chocolate cravings the past week. Being gluten and dairy free has made fulfilling those cravings even harder. I was enjoying Udi's chocolate muffins, but 4 muffins for $6 is a little too much for my bank account when I get in a chocolate fix, such as this one.
I decided to invest my $6 a little more wisely. I picked up a Betty Crocker gf cake mix and set out to make it dairy free.
A banana and 18 mins later.... O M G....Chocolate Banana Cupcakes.

* 1 banana (preferable one that is starting to brown)
* 1 Tbsp oil
* Betty crocker GF chocolate cake mix
* 1 cup water
* 3 eggs
OPTIONAL:
* 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

Smash banana and mix with remaining ingredients. Grease muffin tin or use liners. Fill 2/3 of the way full and bake 18-23 mins. ENJOY! Its only 3pm and I've already eaten 3....

2 comments:

David said...

Hi,please tell me any way to make this egg free?
Gluten Free

CDM said...

You could buy an egg replacer at the store or look online, there are tons of options available. If you use the butter instead of the banana, I think you can actually use the banana to replace the egg.
I've also heard of using diet soda. Type in diet soda cake. Although that would probably be gross with the banana. You could easily leave the banana out.