Saturday, November 7, 2009

Butternut Squash Risotto-30 minute meals :)

I was going out to dinner with a friend, so I needeed something quick to throw together for my dear husband (mmmmm....Chang's Spicy Chicken at PF Changs).

Butternut Squash Risotto
* EVOO
* 1/2 small onion, diced
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 cup arborio rice
* 3 cups liquid (I used 2 cups chicken broth, 1 cup water, but you could use all water or chicken/veg broth)
* 1.5 cups pureed butternut squash (I had some left over)
* 1/3- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Saute onions in olive oil on medium heat. When tender, add garlic for 1-2 minutes. Stir continuously. Add in 1 cup rice and stir for 1 minute. Add in 1 cup of liquid at a time, stirring every 3-5 minutes. Allow liquid to be absorbed before adding any more. After 2nd cup of liquid, add cooked squash. Continuing to stir, add 3rd cup, and when most of the liquid is absorbed add the parmesan cheese. Parmesan is very salty, so add according to your taste buds. Continue to stir until desired texture. Takes about 20-25 minutes.

In a hurry to get out the door, I forgot to take pictures. I thought this dish was much better the 1st night then reheated for lunch, but hubs said that he thought it was good both times. He's so nice.

1 comment:

Jenn/CinnamonQuill said...

Butternut squash risotto is a favorite!