Monday, November 30, 2009

Baby wants muffins

I've been in a breakfast rut lately, enjoying a bowl of cereal (usually Rice Chex), banana or frozen blueberries, and milk in the morning when I get to work.

I've been trying to get out of the rut, because baby does not seem to appreciate anything shy of high protein in the morning. When I try to get away with trying a new cereal (esp with more sugar) my blood sugar goes haywire. This baby GIRL is awfully picky.

I've been way too lazy to make eggs in the morning and have been trying to add some small sides to my breakfast or within an hour of, such as...
* apples and peanut butter
* yogurt
* trail mix

On Wednesday we didn't have school so I made my favorite gluten free muffins (with sour cream hoping to please the dairy craving baby). Does anyone have any quick, high protein breakfast ideas?

2 comments:

Phred said...

Quinoa porridge with almond milk, nuts and dates is my morning win.

I have blood sugar issues as well but I keep it under balance with chromium, EFA and most importantly gymena sylvester!

Anonymous said...

You can scramble an egg in a large coffee mug. Spray the mug with Pam, break an egg into the mug and give it a little wisk, place the cup in the microwave- about 35-40 seconds on medium heat. When it comes out you can pour on a bit of shredded cheese and it will melt while you let stand. I had to experiment with times and power settings but now I have it just right.