Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Grawnola

*RAW*

1/3 cup pecans
1/3 cup almonds
1/3 cup mix of flax, sunflower, and pumpkin seed
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 Fuji apple, diced
6 dates, chopped
2 T agave nectar(optional: I used only because my grawnola was not holding together well the 2nd time I made it)
cinnamon

Grind pecans, almonds, flax, sunflower, and pumpkin coarsely(I do this in my coffee grinder). If it is too fine, it will just make a mess. Pour coarsely ground nuts in a bowl and use hands to mix with dates, apple, and agave nectar. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place on teflex sheet and "bake" in dehyfdrator for 24 hours.

**You can spread on sheet, "bake", and crumble for granola or I prefer to make bars or different shapes. I place different cookie cutters on the teflex sheet and scoop granola mixture into the cookie shapes. Press mixture with spoon or fingers to create a solid shape. Remove cutters and "bake".

No comments: