Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vegetable Lasagna


*Vegan and Wheat Free*
Serves 2-3
2-3 Zuchhini, sliced lengthwise very thin
small onion, diced

2 garlic cloves
1/2 bell pepper (red or green or both), diced
handful of baby carrots, diced
marinara sauce (store bought, homemade, your choice)
mozzarella "cheese", shredded or cut into thin slices (I used about 6-8oz of Vegan Gourmet, you can use any brand or regular mozzarealla if you aren't vegan)
italian seasoning (I used fresh basil and garlic salt)

Saute onion, peppers, carrots, and garlic together with Olive Oil until tender. Make one layer of zuchinni in an 8" square pan. Top with 1-2 spoonfuls of sauteed veggies. Pour a thin layer of marinara sauce and top with slices of mozzarella. Continue to layer until out of ingredients, ending with a layer of mozzarella. Bake at 375 for ab
out 30-40 minutes. When done, top with seasoning.*This is a very flexible dish. Add or omit any seasonings and veggies that you'd like. I tasted it prior to putting in the oven and really enjoyed it raw. I cooked it only because I didn't want to push my husband too far with my experiments :) He loves his cooked food. My next goal is to find a raw cheese so I can make a Raw Lasagna. Slowly transitioning my husband, baby steps...

No comments: