- 2 cups Pamela's baking mix
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 lemons)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (or coarsely chopped baking bars)
- OPTIONAL: add another 12 ounces of melted white chocolate for dipping
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixture, about 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and then the flour, and beat until just blended. (The dough will be sticky). Stir in the almonds and white chocolate. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
Divide the dough into 2 equal mounds and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Space the dough evenly apart and form into 2 (9 by-3-inch) logs. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs into 3/4-inch-thick diagonal slices. Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet. Bake about 20-25 minutes additional minutes, flipping them over half way through.
OPTIONAL: Dip the end of each biscotti in melted white chocolate. Transfer the dipped biscotti to a wire rack, set over a baking sheet, or a sheet of wax paper until the chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container.
Enjoy plain or with a cup of hot tea or coffee.