Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scones

I have a scone recipe that I like, but Joel isn't such a fan, so I decided to try something new this morning. While I took very little work in stealing the recipe from the back of the Pamela's baking mix bag, the result was AWESOME! Joel ate 3, I had 4 (3 for me, 1 for baby, of course). The only difference is I substituted the currants for chopped fresh strawberries and dark chocolate chunks. They were delicious. Not too dry and full of flavor. I put a little bit of jam on mine, but Joel stuck with just a dab of butter. These were a perfect addition to our Starbucks coffee splurge.

Chocolate Strawberry Scones
* 2 1/4 cups Pamela's Baking Mix
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 4 Tbsp butter
* 2/3 cup milk
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
* 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks

Combine dry ingredients. Cut in butter with two knives. Combine milk and egg and mix in with a fork. Fold in strawberries and chocolate. Drop in large biscuit drops on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. Makes about 10 scones (I made 11).

No comments: