Saturday, September 4, 2010

Udi's......at last

While in the middle of no where, NC on vacation this summer, I found Udi's in the freezer section of a local grocery store. I have been looking up, down, and sideways for this bread for close to a year now. I have heard rave reviews, and after all the build up, the bread still lived up to its name. It was soft and delicious. No toasting necessary, I couldn't believe it! When I returned home, my local Whole Foods, had begun to carry the bread as well. YAY! Its about $5 a loaf, which is way cheaper than the $10 I was paying for a local gf/df loaf and I couldn't be happier with the product.
Today, while shopping, I came across their Chocolate Muffins and had to give it a try. Since going dairy free, I have been missing chocolate and these sure did hit the spot. For $6 for 4, it is not something I will buy often, but will definitely splurge on occassionally. They had a great texture and taste. Another great product by Udi's. Even though they are "Muffins", these are much more of a cupcake, minus the frosting (in other words, dessert).

I also, just recently heard that Jason's Deli is rolling out a gluten free menu, featuring....you guessed it...Udi's bread. Call your local Jason's deli for availability.

Interested in Udi's? Don't take my word for it. See what others in the gf community have to say...
* Triumph Dining
* Gluten Free Optimist
* Gluten Free Works
* Happily GF Free
* A Life of Sugar and Spice
* The Savvy Celiac
* Glad to be GF
* Mom Cooks GF

No comments: