Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Gluten Free Product Reviews

Normally, I prefer to make things from scratch (a habit formed when I became GF) and am too cheap to spend $6 on gluten free goodies, when there is a 50% chance that they will be dry, gritty, crumbly, or just plain gross. However, I have discovered a discount grocery store and they have discovered the profit in selling GF products. Lately, they have been stocking up on GF goodies and for $1.29 a box I have been happy to sample everything they have.
I have rated and reviewed some products below to save you the time and money.

GLUTEN FREE PANTRY BROWNIES
: 5 stars By far, the best GF brownies mix out there. These were rich and decadent and no weird texture or taste.








GLUTEN FREE PANTRY FRENCH BREAD: 3 stars This mix made a bread that perfectly resembled french bread, crunchy crust, soft center, but the taste was not quite right for me. However, I tried this bread several times, with several meals and each time I liked it in varying amounts. Sometimes I didn't want to finish the 1st piece and the 2nd time I couldn't stop myself from eating more. Probably not something I would buy again, but it was good.




PAMELA'S ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE CHIP CHUNK COOKIES: 4 stars These cookies came in a pack of 9 and left me buzzing with a caffeine rush. The cookies have a crisp texture, like you'd expect from most boxed cookies and were loaded with delicious chocolate/coffee flavors.

GLUTINO BREADSTICKS
: 3 stars The picture on the box was very misleading. The box is NOT filled with several thick, soft breadsticks, rather it is full of small, hard cracker like sticks. I'm sure these are good with pasta sauce or some side, but I wasn't overly crazy about them. They were edible and good to munch on, but nothing I would ever crave or go out of my way to get.

No comments: