Sunday, May 24, 2009

Almond Orange Cake

After enjoying the delicious cake at Starbucks, I sat in my kitchen looking at the bag of valencia oranges, longing for another piece. Luckily this Recipe by Elana's Pantry came to the rescue!* 2 valencia oranges
* 4 eggs
* 3/4 cup agave nectar
* 2 cups almond meal (it is VERY important to use FINE almond flour to get the desired taste and texture)
* 1 tsp baking soda

Boil oranges and simmer for 1 hour. Allow oranges to cool and remove seeds. Blend entire orange until smooth. Mix in eggs and agave nectar. Stir in almond meal and baking soda.

Grease a 9in cake pan with oil and sprinkle rice/almond flour to prevent sticking. Place in 375 degree oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Thank you Elana for a delicious recipe!! Tastes extremely similar to Starbuck's new GF treat.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

This sounds so so yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog -- can't wait to see the cinnamon rolls :)!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

I saw her post just yesterday! I haven't had a chance to try a starbucks cake, but YOUR cake looks fantastic! Now I wish I had more almond meal. And some oranges. lol