Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Gluten Free Starbucks

My expectations were set low when I heard Starbucks was coming out with a gluten free cake. Afterall, gluten free living can be filled with the disappointment of high prices and crappy products. I went this morning and picked up 4 Almond Orange cakes ($1.95 each) for the other 3 celiacs at work and a latte for myself. OH MY GOODNESS....these things were delicious!! They were moist, flavorful, and did I mention ridiculously moist!?! They are more like a cake than a breakfast item, but I have never been one to say no to dessert for breakfast.
I am so pleased with Starbucks newest item, I couldn't wait to come home and blog about it. While I am not a daily Starbucks shopper, I love relaxing at a Starbucks while I'm on vacation and the thought of being able to actually eat something bought in an airport is so exciting. Thank you Starbucks!! A job well done!

The cakes were not in the case, but you can ask for them. They have them individually wrapped to avoid cross contamination and if there aren't any on the counter, there are plenty in the freezer. They thaw out quickly, so by the time you get to work, you're ready to enjoy.

1 comment:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I don't frequent Starbucks (not a coffee drinker and live in the country), but I'm hearing great reports on these cakes so I might just have to stop by when I am in "town." :-)

Shirley