Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cheese Quiche

* frozen shredded potatoes(used for hashbrowns)-I forgot to measure how much I used (place in pan and keep adding until you get a nice looking crust)
* 1 T butter
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup cream/half and half
* 1 cup cheese (I used the mexican cheese mix, you could use cheddar/swiss/whatever makes you happy)
* 1 tsp of chives

~Leave potatos out to thaw and place between paper towels to soak up excess moisture. In a 9in cake pan, place the shredded potatoes to create a thin crust, I lightly spread butter over top. Bake for 25 mins at 450.
~In a bowl mix eggs and cream.
~Pour cheese and chives (and any other desired items: brocolli, spinach, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc) over the crust. Pour in egg/cream mixture. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Can't tell you how much I love quiche! I could eat the whole thing once I make it. This looks like a very simple recipe to try.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!