Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gluten free on the road

Sometimes I feel silly traveling with a bag of food (especially since the highways are lined with restaurants/gas stations/etc), however at times I get real anxiety about eating out. I hate having to call and ask servers about all the ingredients in a dish, only to wonder for the remainder of the meal whether or not the server knew what they were talking about (I have had plenty experiences where I was assured the food was safe, only to spend the rest of my trip in the bathroom).
I'm heading to Miami tomorrow for a funeral and on Saturday to my husband's high school reunion in Orlando. Needless to say, if I get lost or stranded on an island, I should be alright for a few days with my packed bag of safe foods.

Some easy travel snacks ideas for munching on the road:
* Cereal (pictured above: Peanut Butter Panda Puff, Main Street Bakery Granola, Rice Chex)
* Trail mix (almonds, peanuts, pecans, raisins, cranberries, sunflower seeds, m&ms)
* Leather fruit snacks or dried fruit (like the dried peaches, above)
* Granola bars (LaraBars are always a winner)
* Fruit
* Glutino pretzels
* Mini muffins (Blueberry, Lemon Poppyseed)
* Rice Works Chips

No comments: